Connecticut Sea Grant provides development funding for small research, education, outreach and pilot projects on a rolling basis.
This funding for small projects is awarded on an on-going basis. Development project funding is primarily designed for one-time support of pilot research projects, publications, conferences or similar initiatives. Requests should be under $5,000 and preferably in the $250 to $3,000 range. There is no specific format or length requirements for development requests, however they should be well-written, include references if needed, and must:
- Clearly delineate how the project responds or relates to the specific goals and outcomes identified in the CTSG strategic plan
- Describe the need for the project, the methods or approach to be used
- Identify the names, contacts and qualifications of individuals involved
- Include a budget and justification for the requested budget items
- Be sent via email to Dr. Syma Ebbin.