Professor Joe Roman will deliver the April 7 Coastal Perspectives Lecture, “Raising Whales: How the Recovery of Cetaceans Can Help Restore the Oceans,” via WebEx at 7:30 p.m.
During his talk, he will discuss a new understanding of whales, including their role in enhancing primary productivity and highlighting the many benefits they can provide in marine ecosystems. He is a conservation biologist and author. His research focuses on endangered species conservation, whale ecology and island ecosystems.
Roman is the author of Whale, part of the Reaktion Animal series, and the recipient of the Rachel Carson Environmental Book Award for Listed: Dispatches from American’s Endangered Species Act. He has written for Audubon, New Scientist, The New York Times, Slate and other publications.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
- Participants are asked to join to webinar at 7:15 p.m. to allow time to deal with any technical issues. For assistance, send an email to: CoastalPerspectives@uconn.edu.
- Please do not send us your video image, this may improve the webinar quality for you. Once you are in the meeting, you will be able to turn off the video by selecting the video camera icon on the bottom of your screen. If you want to ask a question, please feel free to turn your video on, we’d love to see your face!
- We will be sending a simple guide to navigating the features of WebEx on Tuesday, April 7. This will explain the controls (how to mute/unmute, how to turn video on/off) and how to ask a question or make a comment.
- The link to the webinar and to the guide will be available at our website: https://marinesciences.uconn.edu/lectures/
- Please share this information with others!
TO JOIN THE WEBINAR:
From your computer, tablet or smartphone, click on the meeting link to join:
If you are asked for a meeting number or password:
Meeting number: 617 718 843
If the audio on your computer is not working, you can watch the webinar on your computer and join by phone to hear the audio.
To join by phone:
+1-415-655-0002 US Toll
Access code: 617 718 843
The Coastal Perspectives series is sponsored by the Connecticut Sea Grant College Program, the UConn Department of Marine Sciences, the UConn Maritime Studies Program, and UConn Avery Point.